Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chickpeas, Indian-style

I discovered Penzey's Spices by finding one of their catalogs on some family friends' coffee table. I immediately ordered my own. Besides bearing a multitude of spices, the catalogs also include recipes. These recipes are particularly valuable to me because they, naturally, take advantage of spices.

The latest catalog has a recipe for Chickpea Curry (Chole). Of course, I had to make it.

The appealing result:

It turned out very tasty, but very mild. In any case, it's a delicious side, appropriate with any main course. This Chickpea Curry is guest-worthy, yet simple and vegan!

If you're a fan of cooking with spices, I recommend subscribing to Penzey's Spices catalog by mail. You can also download the latest catalog from their web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment