Monday, July 16, 2012

Gym challenge

Sue and I are leaving for the west coast in two and a half weeks. (edit: For a vacation, not permanently.) Between now and then, I've made a vow to go to the gym every day.

Vows don't tend to work for me, but this one's different: it has a definite end date.

For posterity, here are my current machine settings, at three sets of 10 reps:
  • Pull-up assist: 50 lbs
  • Dip assist: 40 lbs
  • Pec fly: 65 lbs
  • Lateral raise: 50 lbs
  • Elliptical: level 1, 1.3 mi in 15 min

These used to be much better when I had a routine in college. Andreas and I would go to the gym twice or thrice a week. The biggest difference, as I recall, was that I was able to do 30 pull-ups and dips without any assist. Andreas and I also got to the point where we could do 100 push-ups in sets of 10. I miss those days.

I am not going to waste time on leg exercises because my legs for some reason have always been sufficiently developed. I can do hip adduction at 150 lbs and abduction at about 130 lbs, and that's good enough for me.

I'll post my new machine settings on the last day of this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment